The six year Curriculum provided by the College begins with a three year Junior Certificate Cycle, which offers the following core subjects:
- RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
- FRENCH OR SPANISH
- BUSINESS STUDIES
- WELLBEING Area of Learning (which include CSPE, SPHE, PE and Swimming and other activities which help to promote student wellbeing)
- plus one of the following option subjects; HOME ECONOMICS, ART, TECHNICAL GRAPHICS, MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY (Woodwork), MUSIC or CLASSICAL STUDIES
In First Year pupils are taught in mixed ability classes. Classes in Irish, English and Mathematics are individually set in Second and Third Year.
Following Third Year all pupils progress to Transition Year.
For more information on the Junior Cycle click one of the following:
- Phased introduction of the Junior Cycle.
- The key skills of the Junior Cycle.
- Junior Cycle Assessment.
- Sample of Junior Cycle Profile of Achievement (JCPA)
- Junior Cert and Junior Cycle Grades