In sending their children to our schools parents enter into a partnership with Management and Staff through:
- their commitment to the Christian understanding of life so that the values held by parents are supportive of those espoused by the College;
- their active concern for all aspects of their children’s educational development;
- their co-operation with the discipline of the school;
- their support of the College’s various religious, social cultural and sporting activities;
- their commitment to the financial support of the College through the payment of the yearly fee and through other fund-raising activities which may arise.
TERENURE COLLEGE PARENTS ASSOCIATION - MAY 2017
Back Row: (L-R) Cyril Molloy, Hilary Nolan, Terri Stack, Niall Fitzgerald, Donal Hyland
Front Row: (L-R) Deirdre Whelan, Gillian O'Reilly, Oliver Holt
Absent: Fr. Éanna, Fr. Michael, Stephen Woulfe
PARENTS' ASSOCIATION COMMITTEE MEMBERS 2017/2018
Oliver Holt - Chairperson
Cyril Molloy - Vice-Chairperson
Gillian O'Reilly - Secretary
Terri Stack - Treasurer
Fr. Éanna Ó hÓbain
Fr. Michael Troy
* You are invited to contact the Parents' Association by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Parents and Guardians of pupils enrolled in the College are automatically members of the Association. The Parents’ Association Committee organises activities aimed at promoting and supporting the role of parents and guardians as the prime educators of their children. The activities are generally designed to facilitate opportunities for discussion, information and consultation about matters of common and/or topical interest to parents, teachers and pupils of the College. The ten parents on the committee meet once a month during the school term. The Parents Association is not involved in the Management of the School. If you wish to discuss matters around the management of the school or issues relating to your Son please contact the school on 01-4904621. You can contact the Parents Association directly by email: email@example.com
What are its main activities?
- ParentLink- Helping Parents to contact each other.
- Styling of School Jacket
- Social Night for Parents
- Junior Sports Day - catering
- Senior Sports Day – catering
- Shopping trips – Kildare Village
- Guest speakers
- Fund raising activities
- Facebook page “Terenure College Parents Association” – for regular updates on activities – Please “Like”!
- Annual General Meeting